Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Specialist, Beltsville, MD
Founded in 2001, YRCI is a leading professional services firm providing Human Capital, Acquisition Support and Financial Management Services to Government and Commercial customers nationwide. At YRCI, collaborative people and innovative thinking are the driving force behind our growing success. Our performance-based approach to professional services is a people business, and at YRCI, our people — our employees — make us a nationwide leader in our field. They also make our company a truly great place to work. We employ people who are driven by excellence, committed to integrity and inspired by opportunities to achieve positive results. YRCI isn’t just your next job. With positive performance, YRCI can be your career, your go to employer, and the place to come back to when you’ve decided to do something else for a while.
At YRCI, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We offer our employees the opportunity to make an impact and grow professionally within our HC/HR, Acquisition, and Financial Management career paths.
One of YRCI’s clients, with offices in Beltsville, MD is seeking multiple full-time HR Specialists to provide onsite support.
- Retrieve personnel action requests via the Portal, code and distribute them to the HR Specialists for signature.
- Enter approved personnel actions in the EmpowHR system, research and resolve complex employee personnel/payroll issues.
- Make requests for additional information from Locations and make notations of such in the Portal.
- Process contractor recruited selections to include auditing certificates, validating selectee qualifications and appointing authority, and forwarding incentive documentation to Team Leader for approval.
- Make verbal tentative offer, coordinate fingerprint adjudication, negotiate Entrance on Duty
(EOD) date, prepare final offer letter, and code the personnel action for HR Specialist approval.
- Perform administrative duties to include; copying, scanning, filing shredding, collecting paperwork, requesting missing documentation, and mailing documents to customers.
- Code personnel actions, research HR regulations and policies, utilize HR systems for work distribution, and track, verification and data input.
- Communicate verbally and electronically with staff and customers.
- Copy, scan, file, shred, and collect information from customers.
- Input and update accessions/non recruit actions.
- Troubleshoot SINQ errors when accessions don’t apply.
- Correct actions that have applied prior to the current pay period in history override.
- Use National Finance Center
(NFC) for quality review of accessions after they have applied.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Demonstrate very strong experience processing SF-52 personnel and payroll actions in the EmpowHR personnel/payroll system, and troubleshooting issues.
- Experience using the Federal Guide to Processing Personnel Actions, and Title 5 staffing regulations to include; appointing authorities, flexibilities, and Office of Personnel Management
(OPM) qualifications standards.
- Current and proficient skill using EmpowHR system is required
As an employee of YRCI working full-time, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package. Your eligibility for medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance begins on YOUR VERY FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT. Our benefits also include a company-sponsored 401
YRCI is a government contractor. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet. YRCI is an E-Verify employer. Further, as a contractor and subcontractor YRCI shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5