Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Trainer - Hernando County Branch*
- 14-Mar-2019 to 31-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Spring Hill, FL, USA
- $16.00/hr + possible incentives
- Part Time
- Hernando County Branch
Apply directly to: https://ymca.applicantpro.com/jobs/1026338.html
SHIFT: Varies. Current National Personal Training Certification is required.
RATE OF PAY: $16.00/hr + possible incentives
Under the direction of the Wellness Director/Coordinator and consistent with the mission of the YMCA of the Suncoast, the Personal Trainer will instruct and educate members in proper strength training principles and/or fitness evaluation components in individual or small group settings. Demonstrate knowledge in designing and implementing personal fitness programs for all populations. Educate and enforce operational guidelines and regulations with all members. Maintain all weight training equipment and keep facilities organized and clean.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be at least 18 years old. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must hold a current YMCA approved National Personal Trainer Certification upon hire. Personal Trainer must be knowledgeable in exercise program design and equipment and free weight training principles. Before access to Personal Health Information (PHI), group HIPAA training required. Within 90 days of hire, CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required. Within 90 days of hire, Foundations of Listen First, Orientation to Healthy Living, Principles of Member Health and Wellness, Wellness Center at the Y or Group Exercise at the Y, and Intro to the Cause and Culture trainings required. Get SMART preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Must be able to articulate and communicate effectively while instructing participants in proper execution of weight bearing and cardiovascular exercise. Must have current knowledge of strength training guidelines and ability to modify exercises for special populations when needed. In addition to effective communication, YMCA Personal Trainer must have a positive attitude and ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to conduct, demonstrate and safely develop programs at the intensity level appropriate for each participant on an individual basis. Must have effective communication and human relations skills to handle situations with people of all socioeconomic levels. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift, push, pull, and or carry up to 50 lbs in various forms.
PERSONAL TRAINER JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain proper records and paperwork, respond to member questions and seek out additional information when needed.
2. Always check for memos or information left in communication log before starting shift.
3. Exercises sound judgment in relationship to member safety and injuries.
4. Engages in positive public relations with members with minimal interruptions to sessions.
A. Maintains an air of professionalism at all times.
B. Wears appropriate dress code approved uniform while on duty. Including nametag and SMART pin.
5. Knows all emergency procedures and is able to administer first aid.
6. Attend all staff meetings, in-house trainings, demonstrations and special promotions as designated by supervisor.
7. Educate and enforce YMCA of the USA strength training guidelines and regulations.
8. Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Keep supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment. Keep weight training and cardio facility clean and organized after all Personal training sessions.
9. Personal workouts are encouraged but should be scheduled during off duty hours.
NO WORKING OUT WHILE ON DUTY!
10. Notify member to be trained two days or more in advance if you are going to be absent when possible. It is your responsibility to find another Personal Trainer to cover your shift and confirm this with your supervisor.
11. Follow all orientation scheduling policies and procedures. Always follow up and confirm appointments.
12. Role model SMART
Key Leadership Competencies:
Communication and Influence
Program and Project Management
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button.