YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at YMCA of San Diego County
The Human Resources Generalist will administer Human Resources related activities for a specified branch or region. They work directly with employees, supervisors, and Associate Business Partners to ensure compliance with association policies and procedures and applicable employment law. The Generalist will support Associate Business Partners in coordinating employee relation issues and investigations, promote equity, fair treatment and positive employee relations. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an HR Generalist Does…
- Collaborate with managers and HR Business Partners to effectively execute HR processes
- Partner with assigned region to ensure HR process, policies and procedures are being administered in a consistent manner
- Assist with investigations for employee relations claims, and ensures objective and fair treatment of all employees in these investigations
- Assist in the termination process of employees of assigned branch/region
- Provide administrative HR support to include assistance with processing documentation and records, onboarding of new and/or returning employees, and payroll
- Assist in projects, such as; Annual Performance Reviews, HR events, Benefits Open Enrollment, Employee Communications and any branch or region specific meetings.
What We Look for in an HR Generalist…
- Two years of applicable Human Resources experience with two years employee relations experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines simultaneously
- Keen understanding of local, state and federal employment law
- Strong ability for conflict management
- Data management skills and ability to use data to effectively influence decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Ability to travel throughout San Diego County