YMCA of Greater Williamson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at YMCA of Greater Williamson County
The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to perform a wide variety of HR administrative tasks in support of the Association and the HR department.
Excellent opportunity to work for a large (1200 employees) and rapidly growing non-profit organization! The YMCA of Greater Williamson County is a $27 million Association focusing on mission driven, not-for-profit services with a vision of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities throughout Williamson & Burnet Counties. Our organization is home to the largest school age child care provider in Williamson County as well as health and fitness programs that improve the quality of life in over 45,000 members ranging from preschool through senior citizens. The Association currently encompasses 4 facility branches, a centralized Child Care Department, a Metropolitan Services office, and over 125 program sites committed to meeting the needs of our diverse population. The YMCA of Greater Williamson County responds to community needs with effective community-based programs that enrich the quality of spirit, mind and body for all people throughout Williamson County.
This Full-Time/Exempt position requires multi-tasking, the ability to change from one project to another with little notice, as well as the ability to work independently under tight deadlines and under pressure while remaining friendly and professional. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, influential and flexible. Must be customer service driven and a supportive team player.
Primary Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Handle Employee relations issues, investigating and working with staff and supervisors for resolution
- Builds strong relationships with both staff and management to maintain partnerships and solid working relationships
- Maintains confidentiality
- Makes recommendations to supervisors while problem solving around employee issues
- Assist front line managers with PIPs and coaching memos
- Interprets Association policies
- Manage leave processes, Benefits Administration, FMLA, ACA and Open Enrollment
- Provides training and presents to large groups
- Process status change forms for new hires, transfers, terms
- Conduct Employment Verifications
- Run Payroll and Department reports
- Onboarding seasonal, PT and Full-Time Staff
- Perform Background Checks and Drug Testing
- Process Tuition Assistance applications
- Track and process pre-hire training
- Process employment Verifications
- Coordinate Wellness Program
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered into HR system
- Draft and post job vacancies, and assist with other recruiting tasks
- Ensure collection, retention and organization of employee records; track and properly store in appropriate locations
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Participate in Association and Branch Events as required
Seeking an experienced HR Professional that enjoys helping others, thrives in a fast paced environment and will collaborate well with others to ensure we are meeting our mission, vision and goals for the Association and the community.
- Strong human relations and relationship building skills;
- Strong computer and data entry skills including intermediate level Microsoft Office knowledge;
- Experience with Paycom or similar HRIS database;
- Benefits and leave experience;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Complies with internal policies, procedures and State, Federal and Local laws; Maintains Confidentiality;
- Flexibility to help where needed during seasonal peak hiring and as business needs change;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, under tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and meet departmental deadlines;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Great customer service/human relations skills;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or Communications is preferred;
- At least 1-2 years’ HR experience preferred;
- CP or PHR a plus!
- Must pass reference checks, pre-employment drug screen, criminal history and sex offender check.
Salary: $42,500-$45,422 DOE
How to Apply:
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources at YMCA of Greater Williamson County, 1812 N. Mays Street, Round Rock, TX, 78664.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. Thank you for your interest in the YMCA of Greater Williamson County.
Mobile Ad: YMCA is seeking a Human Resources Generalist
Tags: Human Resources; YMCA; Round Rock;
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply at http://www.ymcagwc.org