YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Greater Kansas City
- Req No.
- Location Site
- Cleaver Family YMCA
- Healthy Living
- Minimum Salary
- USD $12.48/Hr.
- Midpoint Salary
- USD $15.77/Hr.
- Position Hours
- up to 30 hours
- Location : Location
- US-MO-Kansas City
- FREE YMCA membership
- Opportunities for Professional Development
- Participate in YMCA Retirement Benefits
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City’s mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Under the supervision of the director and in accordance with the mission, character development and values of the YMCA, the Personal Trainer trains YMCA members and community participants on strength training equipment, free weights and cardiovascular equipment on a one to one basis or small group training. The Personal Trainer is also responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and volunteers in a premier fashion. He or she is expected to emphasize member service, character development, the mission statement and to work with membership retention and promotion. Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Work one-on-one (or small groups) with members and community participants.
- Maintain safety by following YMCA and national certification guidelines.
- Maintain attendance records and reports.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the wellness area.
- Be a team player with all staff.
- Must notify appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions, needed repairs, complaints, accidents, or injuries immediately.
- Must participate in special events.
- Participate in annual fundraising campaign.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Associate’s degree in health related field of study, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- National accredited certification in Personal Training or related area.
- Current First Aid & CPR.
- Current license (as needed).
- Able to relate to people on all levels in a friendly and consistent manner.
- Able to reflect a positive attitude.