Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Project and Operations Manager
at Yavapai College
The Human Resources Project and Operations Manager role is both a tactical and strategic role that provides project leadership and support for department operations. This role is critical in executing departmental initiatives, managing change, driving functional excellence, leading process improvement and providing superior customer service. This role leverages the blended skill set of the human resources discipline with project management expertise, to lead and manage projects from original concept through successful change management and final implementation.
HR Operations Leadership - 50%
Provides leadership to the Human Resources department to develop and implement quality Human Resources programs and process improvements.
Project Planning: In collaboration with the HR Team, develops and facilitates project plans and timelines; maintaining communicating throughout the course of the project to effectively meet customer expectations and achieve departmental goals. Uses broad knowledge of HR to lead team members to approach the project in a manner that results in a cohesive and integrated solution
Continuous Process Improvement: Plans, creates, edits and distributes SOPs, policy tools and other resources to support HR Department operations. Recommends solutions to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of services, programs and processes. Facilitates problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes tied to business results
Metrics: Develops, implements, and monitors key metrics to measure the quality and effectiveness of programs and processes in meeting HR goals.
Teamwork: Fosters teamwork, collaboration, and learning within the HR team contributing to a positive work environment. Establishes value-added partnerships and consults with key business stakeholders. Provides feedback to project team members as necessary for high performance.
Technology Implementation and Maintenance 35%
Serves as HR Department IT lead and technology expert for HRIS systems and other relevant technology applications or systems. Collaborates with the Information Technology Department regarding technology system implementation, maintenance, development and configuration changes, upgrades, testing and problem resolution.
Develops infrastructure to support talent management programs and offerings to include course tracking, development of learning plans, competency checklists, and internal career path measures.
Implements a best in class talent management system to include job analysis and competency modeling, organization design, succession planning, performance management, change management, employee mentoring and training
Innovation Research and Evaluation - 15%
Partners with business and HR partners to understand long term workforce needs. Crafts strategic recommendations for improving the capabilities of employees. Independently and upon request gathers information from a variety of sources to identify leading edge HR practices, trends and innovations. Provides insights into innovative tactics being applied in the marketplace. Researches and identifies impact of new initiatives and projects on current business processes, HR policy, operating procedures, and supporting resources and systems.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
· Bachelors degree Business, Human Resources, or related discipline.
· Five years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
· Two years demonstrated project management experience
· Certification in Human Resources, Project Management, Lean Processes or related certification
· Experience implementing and maintaining technology applications
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
· Demonstrated ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business partners and team members
· Demonstrated successful application of project management and/or lean methodology, tools, and best practices
· Must be well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments
· Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
· Ability to define objectives, scope and resources for projects extending beyond a department or business unit
Preferred Skills & Abilities
· Experience with Banner and/or NeoGov
· Experience in a higher education environment
· Ability to analyze, evaluate, design and develop key performance metrics
Please apply for this position on the Yavapai College Human Resources website.