Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefit Specialist-Scottsdale, Arizona
at YAM Worldwide
The Benefit Specialist provides administrative support for managing benefit administration and overall HR compliance. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and the desire to work with a highly effective and proactive HR team.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee related requests and questions.
- Lead various internal audits for the Human Resources department.
- Complete I-9 for new hires and maintains I-9 records.
- Assist with updating the HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes.
- Create new employee personnel files and file papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assist with administration of employee leaves and workers compensation claims.
- Assist with benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Participate in benefits administration, creation and distribution of invoices for payment, distribution of annual employee notices as required and assisting with benefits reporting requirements.
- Assist with quality checks and reconciliations of benefit-related data.
- Prepare a wide range of reports from HRIS system for various functions, including internal tracking and government reporting.
- Help maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist with the performance review process.
- Schedule meetings by reserving facilities and providing needed supplies/food.
- Assist with or prepare correspondence.
- Assist the HR team with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in human resources.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, or related HRIS system.
- A professional, positive and flexible approach, and comfortable working in an environment of changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Exhibit excellent dependability and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team, and equally effective as an independent contributor.