Worldwide Flight Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Worldwide Flight Services
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the management, planning and execution of payroll processes and systems in order to ensure payroll processing occurs in an accurate and timely manner. The Payroll Manager is additionally responsible for the development and coordination of business-wide processes and procedures for administration of all aspects of the businesss payroll data inclusive of but not limited to, processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls for all divisions of the business, conducting reconciliation audits, and interfacing with the businesss third-party payroll vendors.
- Manage the updates of payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Oversee the reporting of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Manages and maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Manages and maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manage the ADP and internal company employee desk support team.
- Must be knowledge of union processes and procedures.
Skill / Requirements
Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Business, or any other related field. Certified payroll professional (CPP) which is strongly preferred. Ten to fifteen years of working experience in payroll accounting, preparation, administration, processing taxes and time systems. The candidate will also have had experience performing ledger reconciliations, researching variances, and effecting appropriate solutions for any discrepancies. A suitable candidate will also demonstrate strong knowledge of payroll policies, practices, legislation, and procedures within the jurisdiction of the businesss operation. Must be willing to learn with ability to adjust to diverse thinking and methodologies.
ADP knowledge is a plus
ADP e-Time is a plus but not required
Candidate must have Union/Non Union experience. Project leader oriented.