Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Winstead PC
The Dallas office of Winstead PC, a Texas based, 300+ attorney law firm, is seeking a Payrolll Manager. The Payroll Manager is responsible for handling all payroll related functions of the firm and will prepare and process monthly and semi-monthly payrolls, bonus payrolls, and any other pay-related activity.
* Audit and process timesheets each payroll
* Assist employees with timesheet related problems and payroll related questions
* Compile reports on vacation, sick/personal time, and overtime
* Enter time and pay related changes in payroll system
* Compile and transmit all payroll related files, i.e. direct deposit, payroll taxes, wage garnishments, 401(k), new hire reporting, etc.
* Set up new payroll tax jurisdictions in system and update any payroll tax changes
* Keep current on tax law changes and Federal and State tax forms
* Compile payroll reports for Accounting
* Sort and disburse manual checks to individual offices
* Process employee personal charges
* Prepare quarterly multiple worksite report for U.S. Department of Labor
* Compile and balance quarterly tax returns for transmission to Ceridian
* Process requests for verification of employment
* Compile United Way donations for quarterly payments
* Process all year-end payroll related reports
* Prepare payroll system for annual roll-over
* Process and disburse W-2s
* Other payroll related duties as assigned
Skill / Requirements
* Minimum 5+ years of related experience, including experience with payroll systems and payroll processes in a multi-state, multi-location environment
* Prior experience with HRIS cloud based platforms such as Ceridian Dayforce and/or UltiPro preferred
* Certified Payroll Professional preferred
* Detailed understanding of payroll taxes and state wage and hour provisions
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Solid analytical and mathematical skills
* Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and meet stringent deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented attitude
* Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Flexibility to work overtime as needed
Candidates should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winstead is an Equal Opportunity Employer.