Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wellness/Recognition Manager (HR) (Internal Employees or GRIC Members Only)
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This Wellness/Recognition Manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring of enterprise-wide wellbeing initiatives by overseeing a comprehensive wellness program that creates awareness, motivation, and provides tools to employees that help them maintain a healthy lifestyle. Also, this position is responsible for overseeing the recognition programs(s) for the Enterprise which may include but not limited to years of service awards any type program that recognizes employees for excellence work performance as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Develop coordinate, manage and maintain a wellness program to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyle.
- Assists employees with finding in-network primary care physicians and works with vendors and other HR personnel to administer benefit programs including Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Develop relationship with external broker, carrier account management, and other vendors in order to leverage the medical plan for wellness initiatives.
- Coordinate, communicate, promote and implement onsite biometric screenings.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but indirectly influences enterprise employees in their performance
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree in Business, with an emphasis in marketing preferred.
- Experience in wellness and recognition programs required, preferably in a casino/gaming environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and function within all levels of the organization and at various locations.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guests, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
There are suitability standards that all applicants must meet in order to obtain employment with Gila River Gaming Enterprises, Inc. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.