Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Process weekly Timekeeping records.
- Responsible for maintaining employee payroll records in the Ultimate Software Payroll System.
- Provide support for the bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Processes manual checks as necessary.
- Prepare General Ledger journal entries.
- Monitor accrual account and follow up with employees for missing timesheets.
- Respond to employees with any payroll and timesheet questions.
- Review and reconcile payroll general ledger accounts.
- Review various payroll processes and provide improvements.
- Write and update desktop procedures.
- Participates in internal and external audits.
- Assist the Accounting Department with special projects such as implementation of business systems.
- Provide backup to accounting helpdesk
Skill / Requirements
- Recent experience with the Ultimate Software program - UltiPro - a must have
- Five plus years in a Payroll Office performing payroll functions
- Experienced with online timekeeping systems
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related
- Great Customer Service
- Be flexible
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent skills with Excel, including lookup tables and pivot tables; MS word and Internet Explorer
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
Compensation is competitive depending on experience. This position is WestEd grade level (C)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Overview of WestEd Benefits:https://wested.org/work-at-wested/benefits/Benefits
WestEd provides a workplace that promotes growth, development, and creativity, and offers generous benefits to its full-time and part-time employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week. WestEd pays a significant portion of the medical, dental, and vision plan premiums. Temporary employees earn sick time and may also become eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act if working an average of 130 hours or more in a 12-month period.