Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Operational Risk Consultant 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Want to be a part of a growing and new space? Technology Risk Management supporting Payments Virtual Solutions and Innovation(PVSI) is where you can find new challenges and explore new opportunities
This role will have accountability for risk management within Payment Virtual Solutions Innovation division as Front Line Risk. The environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness and regulatory requirements. The model through which team members deliver risk programs and oversight is evolving.
This role was created in alignment with the new comprehensive Front Line risk structure for Enterprise Information Technology. As the Front Line, this role assures real risk reduction within the divisions, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
This role will assist the EIT Divisional Risk Leader in the planning and execution of critical Front Line Risk risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and EIT Risk Target Operating Model. Accountabilities of the EIT Divisional Risk Leader and team include:
* Develop, implement and support a Technology Risk Framework in alignment with Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework
* Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products/services and shared services IT processes/products/services
* Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
Identify & Assess:
* Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the technology application/infrastructure environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls and the level and trends of residual risk
* Be proactive identifying risks within the divisions and across internal and external events
Control & Mitigate:
* Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
* Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
* Execute the related compliance process (e.g. Audits, CICATs, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
Monitor & Report:
* Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
* Identify, measure, monitor, support and complete EIT risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
* Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
* Support Virtuous Circle of risk management
Review and Verification:
* Assuring strategic and foundational risk attributes are comprehensively included in pre, during and post analysis
* Ongoing reviews to identify anomalies, exceptions and outliers that could lead to additional risk events
* Verifying risk management standards, requirements and documented risk reduction attributes are applied
Preferred locations focus on Minn., Charlotte, Phoenix, New York and San Francisco
Other Desired Qualifications
* 10+ of experience supporting SOX/SOC, Regulatory Exams (Domestic and Int’l), Audits and other technology control related assessments
* 7 + years of leadership within Consumer Banking in a large financial services organization or service provider that implemented these services for financial services organizations, both domestic and international
* 5+ years of management experience with risk control frameworks (NIST, FFEIC, COBIT, ITIL,COSO)
* Certifications that support business or risk related knowledge/experience (FINRA, PMP, CRISC, CFE, CISSP, CIA, etc...)
* Broad and significant knowledge of technology with emphasis in consumer, payments and digital technology
and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex environment, including
knowledge of SDLC, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change management, problem and incident management, SOX/SOC, access management, asset management, configuration, compliance, information security,
vulnerability, audit and others.
* Senior risk professional with proven "c" level communication skill set
* Experience in multiple areas of regulatory compliance, including risks and issues related to consumer protection and general banking regulations of the OCC, FRB, CFPB, FINRA and other federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
* Demonstrated "enabler" philosophical approach to risk management that "gets to yes" with real solutions that meet all stakeholder requirements
* Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
* Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
* Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
* Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a team of managers, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in geographically disbursed environments
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.