Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk Assessment Quality Control Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a
About Technology Risk Management (TRM)
The Wells Fargo Technology Risk Management team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide front line unit risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
About Technology Risk Assessment Quality Control (RAQC)
The objective of the Technology Risk Assessment Quality Control program is to provide a quantitative and qualitative assessment of process, infrastructure and application risk assessments. These quality control assessments validate that risk assessments are performed in accordance with the corporate Technology Risk Management policy and that results have been derived using appropriate rationale. The quality control program reviews a sample of risk assessments to identify any deficiencies in the assessment data or areas to improve quality of the program's design and/or execution. The quality control is performed using risk assessment quality control scorecards that are aligned to the appropriate requirements. Results of the quality control program are included in quarterly analysis reports that are reviewed with risk assessment leadership and are translated into appropriate action that is followed up on by the Quality Control team.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Operational Risk Consultant to oversee and execute Technology Risk Assessment Quality Control program requirements across one or more of the process, infrastructure and application risk assessment practices. This position will focus on leading, executing and sustaining a risk assessment quality control program that conducts risk assessment examinations and analyses to ensure policy and business requirements are achieved. This position will engage with the various risk assessment and technology process & control stakeholders across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) to enable strong risk management practices and capabilities.
Areas of focus for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and executing a quality control program in line with the control, policy, and stakeholder requirements
- Establishing appropriate quality control sample methodologies to ensure representative coverage across various risk assessment stratum (i.e. risk level, EIT LoB, asset type)
- Clearly communicating quality control results (i.e. statistics), deficiencies (i.e. trends, patterns and material issues) and improvement recommendations to risk assessment leadership
- Tracking, reporting and validating completion of new and outstanding corrective action items stemming from identified deficiencies
- Ensuring delivery of expected quality control program outputs
- Supporting and improving the quality and efficiency of the risk assessment and risk assessment quality control program design and performance
- Maintaining requirements to ensure program design rationalization with risk assessment policies, processes and procedures
- Ensuring program documentation, reporting and tools (i.e. scorecards, workbooks) are maintained and support auditability by performing periodic gap analyses and change management efforts
- Evolving capabilities to be more data driven and automated in conjunction with enterprise and group-level initiatives
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities to make the risk assessment and the risk assessment quality control programs more meaningful to technology and LoB stakeholders
- Enhancing reporting to drive more meaningful and actionable dialogue
- Developing and nurturing close relationships with partners & stakeholders in order to promote execution against shared goals
- Collaborating with risk assessment leaders in developing effective strategies to adhere to strategic direction and new/updated regulatory guidance, standards, policies, etc.
- Evaluating opportunities to scale program design and best practices across wider platform of risk services
A successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to:
- Uphold the Vision, Values, & Goals of Wells Fargo through the behavioral expectations
- Be flexible, agile, and responsive to support our changing environment and face paced culture
- Effectively work independently with high degrees of responsiveness and accountability
- Execute deliverables with the highest level of quality and with exceptionally advanced time- and task-management
- Be inquisitive and proactively seek to deepen business acumen
- Support cultural shift of risk prevention and proactive risk identification
- Support culture of accountability and highlight areas of lacking accountability
- Escalate areas of concern timely and to appropriate levels in the organization
- Make educated, logical, and decisive decisions
- Deliver on the WF vision and values by displaying core competencies and meeting all administrative requirements
- Be a change champion and proactively look for ways you can assist the team in achieving success
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience evaluating effectiveness of processes, controls, or activities related to technology on a predefined, risk-based frequency
- Experience assessing QC scope, QC scoring, as well as executing, and documenting QC results and analysis
- Experience providing "credible challenge" to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Understanding of Wells Fargo technology and operational risk management policies and programs with a focus on technology risk assessment practices
- Experience using Wells Fargo platforms (Corporate Policy Library, DMS/Documentum, SHRP, etc.)
- Familiarity with related Wells Fargo policies and procedures (Risk Management Framework, Technology Risk Management Policy, TRMO 2nd Line of Defense Risk Identification and Assessment Methodology, etc.)
- Experience assessing and consulting around risk, compliance testing, or audit
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- IT audit or audit consulting experience
- Identification and evaluation of Technology risks and controls, including supporting technology processes.
- Experience developing and/or evaluation of technology governance programs, policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.