Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager - Control Assurance - Investment & Securities
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Control Assurance Leader - Investment & Securities (Leader) will support the build out of a Control Assurance function within the first line of defense (FLOD) in the Wholesale Banking Group. The Leader will be responsible for designing, executing, and monitoring front line Control Assurance program using a risk based approach that validates operations of key control routines for Wells Fargo Securities and Financial Institutional Group businesses in Wholesale Banking. More specifically, the Leader will be responsible for building a team across all operational risk and/or compliance risks that performs FLOD risk based validation of control routines. The Leader along with a team of risk professionals will work cross functionally with multiple support partners. In addition to being responsible for designing and executing the risk based approach, the Leader will oversee related reporting and work with business line partners to effectively remediate issues. Collectively, this activity will provide senior leaders within Wholesale Banking reasonable assurance of the effectiveness and sustainability of key business processes and risk-mitigation controls across Wholesale lines of business.
Wells Fargo Securities is a business located in offices across North America, Europe and Asia, focused on middle-market and large corporation and global investors. Financial Institutional Group is a global business providing premier solutions, bringing industry and geographic expertise, and delivering a holistic Wells Fargo approach.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience building effective Audit, Compliance Testing and/or Controls Assurance programs in large financial institutions.
- Knowledge of investment securities and related rules and regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of Wholesale Banking and related rules and regulations a plus.
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- 10+ years of Audit or Compliance Testing in the financial services industry, including development, implementation and execution of effective coverage.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven leadership ability to drive successful execution of business initiatives.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and set goals.
- Proven ability to build dynamic and high performing teams.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place.
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution.
- Risk Certification Programs a plus such as CPA, CIA, CAMS, CRCM, CFE.
- Advanced Degree (MBA, JD, etc.)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.