Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4- Technology Risk
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment, and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through more than 7,800 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com), and mobile banking, and has offices in 37 countries and territories With approximately 259,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the U.S.
ENTERPRISE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle. Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is a centrally guided organization with a mission to deliver a simple technology environment that drives competitive advantage for Wells Fargo.
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization within EIT builds the foundation for providing world-class risk management. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility - operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
We have an excellent opportunity for an Operational Risk Manager in Technology Risk Management for the following three roles.
The first role will lead a team responsible for overseeing and managing risk of approximately 1000 third parties owned by Wells Fargo Technology by -
* Reviewing vendor performance data to detect risks early and drive mitigation strategies
* Analyzing and challenging decisions on critical activity candidates
* Reviewing and challenging documentation for third parties supporting critical activities
* Assessing aggregate view of risks associated with vendors and driving additional action if necessary
* Escalating to senior management and appropriate committees as necessary
The second role will lead a team responsible for managing a key initiative (Third Party Embedded IT) to improve technology oversight over third parties owned within business by
* Conducting risk management for third parties transitioned to EIT post-implementation by reviewing aggregated view of risks from assessments and vendor performance data to drive mitigation strategies, and challenge risk acceptances as necessary.
* Evaluating and opining on the design changes implemented as part of this key initiative such as new controls and technology risk assessments.
* Reviewing management and Board reporting as well as participate in project meetings to conduct a quarterly assessment of Third Party Embedded IT initiative during implementation phase.
The third role will be leading a team responsible for managing third party related change initiatives such as Supplier Vendor Management (SVM) Path to Effective, from Implementation through Steady-state by Implementation phase
* Validating key components of the implementation plan, including process documentation, metrics/KRIs, controls, RACI, policies and standards to ensure process is clearly documented and managing the risk appropriately.
* Updating existing controls and/or develop new controls to manage third party risk
* Reporting and escalating monthly to senior management and Technology Production and Operations Committee
* Periodically designing, reviewing and implementing action plans to mitigate risks
* Assisting process owner in defining and ongoing maintenance of controls to ensure they are aligned to appropriate groups and that they address significant risks with the SVM process
* Monitoring controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
* Developing and defining metrics and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to measure, monitor, report, and escalate risk
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and well-rounded experience in evaluating and addressing third party and technology risk.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience with Audit, Risk, and controls within Technology at a large financial institution
- 7+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of supplier vendor management, technology systems, applications and associated risks in a business environment
- Strong leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets, wealth/brokerage, and/or supplier vendor management, etc.)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change management, problem and incident management, SOX, Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a team of managers, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in geographically distributed environments
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration
- Proven experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Knowledge and understanding of third party risk assessment procedures, risk mitigation or risk remediation
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Experience leveraging data to understand trends, issues and drive mitigation/remediation
- Experience reviewing risk from assessment and vendor performance data to develop and drive mitigations solutions.
- Experience with reporting escalations and comfortable presenting to the Operations Committee
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.