Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4 - Project/Program Oversight Leader
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
We are currently seeking two Operational Risk Managers who bring strong program and project risk management and oversight expertise to assist in driving an enhanced program and project risk oversight approach. These Operational Risk Managers will manage a small team to oversee program and project risk management with dedicated oversight of the following groups:
- Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO)
- Front line business groups and enterprise functions (Group Portfolio Management Office and Control Executives)
The role requires the ability to effectively communicate a vision and strategy for executing program and project oversight across the company increasing awareness, understanding, and commitment to managing risks related to programs and projects across Wells Fargo. The position requires strong collaboration skills in partnering with Front Line organizations, operational risk teams, corporate governance groups, and risk leadership in enhancing methods for identifying, assessing, monitoring, testing, validating, and reporting risks. The manager will be responsible for leading a team that will support the development, execution, and governance of this program.
- Assess compliance against roles and responsibilities for program and project risk management across the Front Line
- Define an interaction model to manage program and project risk and provide appropriate credible challenge and oversight of the Front Line, including escalation to appropriate levels of management
- Define appropriate metrics to inform risk exposures related to programs and projects
- Prepare quarterly oversight reporting to summarize program and project risk exposure for leadership
- Ensure consistency of program and project monitoring through Control Executive methodology
- Coordination of business group project execution oversight with Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO)
- Credibly challenge risk management framework adherence with the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO)
- Ensure appropriate execution of enterprise program to include Risk ID, Risk Measurement, Self-Assessment, and Enterprise Testing
- The preferred locations are Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN, and Chandler, AZ and US based Wells Fargo footprint locations will be considered.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.