Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This collaborative leader must be capable of establishing and developing highly performing control testing teams, developing testing and monitoring coverage strategy and managing change in a fast paced environment. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely decisions.
The successful candidate will have the ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively, and ensure that all deliverables of the Control Assurance group are met. They will use both vision and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including Business Leaders, Independent Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services and Regulatory Examiners.
- Define the testing and monitoring coverage strategy for effective, efficient, and consistent front line Control Assurance activities
- Drive and support the Control Assurance program adherence to Corporate Policies and regulatory expectations
- Develop oversight and manage inventory of all control assurance activities across areas of responsibility and develop a dynamic coverage approach where gaps may exist
- Develop and lead control design and effectiveness testing and monitoring activities across areas of responsibility covering all operational risks and/or compliance risks
- Establish control assurance programs to identify control gaps and develop valuable recommendations to help business lines prevent, detect, and correct issues
- Establish Control Assurance Program metrics to measure ongoing quality of business processes and controls
- Establish a formal reporting and feedback process to provide findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure collaboration and escalation of business process reviews with relevant stakeholders
- Manage relationships and foster effective coordination with peers in corporate functions, business line heads, legal, audit and multiple U.S. and non-U.S. regulators
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risks
- Lead team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
Location: Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; and Charlotte, NC. Other locations will also be considered.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven leadership ability to drive successful execution of business initiatives
- Ability to plan, prioritize and set goals
- Proven ability to build dynamic and high performing teams
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, and/or audit techniques
- Experience building effective Audit, Compliance Testing and/or Controls Assurance programs in large financial institutions.
- Must be comfortable working in a fluid/team building phase
- 5+ years of direct experience working with International AML/Sanctions compliance and in-depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.