Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Information Security (EIS), Strategic Assessments and Engagement team helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on Information Security and related Operational Risk activities that support all Enterprise Functions groups: Human Resources, Stakeholder Relations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Audit, Corporate Risk, EIS and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). The group strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo corporate functions and lines of business soundly manage information security risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers.
The Enterprise Information Security (EIS), Strategic Assessments and Engagement team for Enterprise Functions is a front-line risk team with an open Operational Risk Manager (ORM) 4 position to support IS Policy Adherence Activities for the Enterprise Functions Group ISL Team. This position will manage the IS Policy Adherence team which will be responsible for providing Information Security (IS) Policy Adherence Data and ensuring appropriate follow up activities are in place for business that are out of compliance. The candidate will work closely with their Peer Group ISL teams to establish the appropriate routines are being executed in the businesses to ensure alignments to the IS Policy stack. It is critical the applicant knows how to successfully maintain a balance between risk and operational efficiency. This team interacts with different levels within the organization and requires the necessary skills to communicate with day-to-day business and operations personnel as well as senior leaders.
A Successful Candidate will Posses the Following:
- Ability to partner with other organizations to design, build, and mature an Information Security Policy Adherence Program.
- Experience with building a Policy Adherence Program
- Ability to provide a customer service oriented approach
- Ability to design and implement a Policy Adherence Function across multiple teams to support the following:
- Detailed and executive level reporting.
- Review of IS related Policies & Standards and provide guidance on business impacts.
- Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA) program support and reporting.
- Document, maintain and improve processes.
- Ability to operate and interact on multiple levels within the organization.
- Experience working with the Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA) program and Security Planning & Assessment of Risks/Controls (SPARC).
- Leadership qualities, vision and tact.
- Ability to review processes (down to the detail level) and identify opportunities to improve, or tactfully recommend a course to resolve.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and bring insightful challenge to the risk management status quo.
- Solid relationship management, collaboration and influence skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management including the willingness and ability to question decisions and escalate issues.
- Proven ability to work effectively across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to conduct in-depth data and root cause analysis.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Note: The preferred work locations are Phoenix, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, Charlotte, NC, and Des Moines, IA, but we will consider other core Wells Fargo locations and telecommuting.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of the Information Security Risk Domains and related metrics
- Knowledge and understanding of the Control Executive teams within Enterprise Functions
- Knowledge and understanding of cyber security defense and monitoring processes and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of project management standards, processes and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of second line of defense role and line of sight visibility
- Experience with Tableau for reporting
- Experience with the WF Operational Risk Platform modules in SHRP
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.