Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 3 - Wholesale Know Your Customer Onboarding and Periodic Review
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
- Responsible for managing the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk and complexity to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Maintains a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- May provide oversight to a comparable area.
- Works with and influences senior operational risk and business management to identify, formulate, and implement operational risk policies procedures and controls for the respective business and/or functional area to mitigate risk.
- Provides operational risk expertise to business projects and initiatives and participates in the development of risk rating systems.
- Represents assigned area on all operational risk matters requiring review and approval by senior management.
- Work is accomplished through managers/consultants/specialists as well as cross-functional/virtual teams.
- Responsible for the development, advancement, implementation, management and maintenance the Due Diligence Review Program for WFCO. This program includes management information reporting, ad-hoc analysis, training, performance expectations, governance, policies and procedures development and maintenance, supervisory reviews, audit responses, and other duties as assigned in accordance with all relevant corporate policies and guidelines and regulatory requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, FACTA, etc.
- Assists in the development of centralized operation teams in select hub cities. Lead and motivate select line of business teams performing Due Diligence Review related tasks
- Responsible for identifying, escalating and resolving issues with Wholesale businesses and senior management
- Establishes relationships / works closely with partners in Risk and Compliance, Financial Crimes, Legal, Analytics, and AML Compliance to keep abreast of regulatory guidance and rulings, and enforcement actions and penalties, as well as maintaining an understanding of current events and international affairs
- Maintains an awareness of financial crimes activity across the enterprise and ensures all issues are proactively addressed
- Provides subject matter expertise on the implementation of business projects
- Participates and/or leads various risk committees within Wholesale Financial Crimes Operations
- Assists the Department Head in the completion of projects and special requests, as applicable
- Work is accomplished through managers/supervisors/analysts/specialists as well as cross-functional/virtual teams, although the most complex cases may require hands-on involvement
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Broad understanding of all components of monitoring, surveillance, and testing programs
- Possess experience managing operational programs in non-US regions including APAC, EMEA and Canada
- Experience leading large, virtual and globally diverse teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience in providing compliance expertise and identifying potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks
- Advanced knowledge of high risk entity types, including but not limited to Money Services Businesses, Non-Profit Organizations, Cash Intensive Businesses, Foreign Government Accounts, etc.is strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Politically Exposed Persons and the associated BSA/AML/Financial Crimes Risks Onboarding/Monitoring/Surveillance/KYC customer processing
- Experience in risk assessment, reputation and operational risk management or control functions High level of experience with BSA/AML programs including all aspects of KYC and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines
- 6+ years Financial Services Industry at a full-service financial institution with domestic and international operations with at least 2 years in Wholesale Banking or similar experience
- In-depth knowledge of Wholesale Banking processes and operating requirements at a large, complex, and globally-diverse financial institution
- Leadership ability to motivate team members, actively lead and facilitate discussions, and drive toward decisions that are in the best interest of Wells Fargo and our customers
- Regulatory and Financial Crimes Compliance experience a plus
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.