Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 3 - Technology Infrastructure Risk
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that are designed, developed, and delivered to our Wells Fargo customers’ to directly help support them financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members..
What we are looking for:
We have exciting Senior Operational Risk Manager opportunities that will cover technology risk management within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT).
These positions will have responsibilities for helping the Wells Fargo Technology Control program meet our objectives. The successful candidate will provide leadership in the performance of program deliverables working across Technology teams and the transformation of the Risk Management function
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team and function committed to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management.
Our environment continues to be one of the heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense, this role provides leadership support to ensure that Technology is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide divisional risk management services to the lines of business; and service delivery for the technology infrastructure risk management enterprise
- Leading efforts to effectively identify risks, partner to develop remediation approaches and controls, ensure remediation plans are executed and validated
- Coordinate and support the execution of Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) risk reduction to include; identification and management efforts, matters requiring review; ensuring risk management deliverables are met accurately and timely
- Providing risk management leadership to a variety of ETI risk management processes; and coordinate and deliver risk reporting for the group
- Serve as a risk management subject matter expert to design, develop, implement and enhance risk management capabilities, programs and processes, as well as communicate appropriately with key stakeholders
- Communicate and work across the Technology groups to address emerging/existing risks and embed risk management into operations
- Oversee a team to provide direction and strategy for the deliver/execution of the services noted above.
- Serve as a mentor to develop team members in the risk management profession and raise risk "IQ".
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 7+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.