Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 3 - Operational Risk Leader for Educational Financial Services (EFS)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
This Operational Risk Manager will lead a risk team in Education Financial Services (EFS) Loan Originations (LO). Responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing a compliance program for all of LO. Creates policies and procedures, ensuring proper training and communication on all. Works closely with and influences Operational risk and business management to identify potential gaps and place controls to continue oversight. Serves as a main point of contact for all internal and external audits.
- Interpret and articulate from a risk and compliance perspective to line of business leaders how to understand the policy
- Foster a climate of trust and respect within the team
- Effectively influence key decisions for the benefit of the organization
- Ensure that the work unit partners well with other groups and departments
- Achieves objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people across the organization
- Champion an environment that supports effective teamwork
- Spots new trends, potential problems, and opportunities early
- Clarify complex data or situations so that others can comprehend, respond, and contribute
- Give clear, understandable instructions to team members and others
- Coach others on how to analyze information to solve problems and make decisions
- Obtain accurate and crucial information as a basis for sound organization-wide decisions
- Complete Self Assurance Activity reviews
To thrive in this fast paced environment, the successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and solve problems dynamically, excellent and insightful communication skills to unite diverse opinions, high degree of initiative with a strong drive for results, and strong interpersonal skills to build relationship and agreements between partners. Wells Fargo values and promotes diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including executives
- Experience evaluating processes and procedures for potential risk as well as consulting with leaders and business units around recommendation/solution
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Knowledge and understanding of Regulatory Risk and Compliance policies and programs
- Policy and strategy development experience
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and subject matter expertise to effectively solve high-profile issues/problems or escalated matters
- Demonstrated ability to ensure high quality output from self and team
- Change agent and creative thinker, able to initiate action and manage change in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and execute complex initiatives/projects successfully, to include ability to identify key stakeholders, meet deadlines, and implement solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of risk platforms such as Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) working through issues, corrective action and remediation
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting and creating Business Requirement Document and/or Plain Business Language documents effectively.
- Proven track record providing advice and counsel to management on significant initiatives to improve risk management and internal controls
SD-Sioux Falls: 3201 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
IA-West Des Moines: 7000 Vista Drive - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2202 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.