Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 3 Financial Crimes Wholesale Control Self-Assurance ( AML/BSA)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
his experienced leader will play an integral role in leading a team responsible for ensuring effective execution in the frontline of the Corporate Self-Assurance Activities (SAA) policy for all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions related disciplines within Wholesale Banking. Related responsibilities will also include; defining strategic approach, executing monitoring routines, performing process risk based assessments, evaluating control design (SHRP and/or BPRM), drafting comprehensive procedures to support SA activities, executing reoccuring SA reviews, and interact and work cross-functionally with the various LOB’s/Self Assurance teams to drive appropriate changes identified as a result of performing SAA’s.
As part of the Wholesale Control group, this leader will have specific Key responsibilities to:
- Build, lead and develop a dynamic team to support BSA/AML/Sanctions SA activities.
- Evaluate the design and performance of policies, procedures, systems and internal controls impacting BSA/AML/Sanctions
- Develop comprehensive risk based Self-Assurance activities for BSA/AML/Sanctions controls that are consistent and repeatable.
- Collaborate, partner, and educate LOB on SA function and how this team will interact with other ‘in-line’ Self-Assurance activities performed by the business
- Monitor changes in our control environment, evaluate SAA control design, and revise review plans to ensure we have appropriate coverage and alignment with Corp SA policy.
- Recognize when SAAs are needed and serve as SME/advisor on the effective design and buildout of SAAs.
- Ensure compliance with all Wholesale Self-Assurance program procedures.
- Liaison with SAA data analytics group to ensure appropriate data integrity throughout the SAA lifecycle. Provide credible challenge on accuracy of data.
- Distribute clear and comprehensive reporting to key stakeholders.
- Monitor, track, and evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions that are created as a result of SAA activities. Partner with Issue Management cross functional teams as appropriate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of direct experience working in the BSA/AML/Sanctions compliance or risk management space
- Strong, proactive leadership and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, with various levels of management, including executives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and subject matter expertise to effectively solve high-profile issues/problems or escalated matters
- Demonstrated application of effective credible challenge
- Demonstrated ability to ensure high quality output from self and team
- Change agent and creative thinker, able to initiate action and manage change in a rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong relationship management skills and organizational savvy
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and monitor internal controls
- Background in audit, testing or Quality Assurance leadership roles
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.