Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Manager 2 - Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control - Periodic Review
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Financial Crimes Risk Control (WFCRC) is responsible for the coordination, oversight and ultimate execution of Wholesale Banking’s commitments to key internal and external stakeholders as it relates to the management of financial crimes risk with the Wholesale Bank. In addition to having responsibility for Wholesale Banking’s execution of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program, WFCRC is also responsible for the remediation of the OCC BSA/AML Consent Order. This team will partner with line of business ("LOB"), operations, risk and compliance team members, Wholesale Control Executive Office, Enterprise Financial Crimes Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and Testing & Validation to advocate and ensure alignment in scope, purpose, expectations and execution of the Wholesale Financial Crimes Program. The team will achieve this through a focus on strong communication, strategic planning, thoughtful and meaningful tracking/reporting, and timely escalation and change management.
- Responsible for managing the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program for a business or large functional area with moderate to high risk to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events
- May provide oversight to a comparable area
- Maintains a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Works with and influences operational risk and business management to identify, formulate and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls for the respective business and/or functional area
- Provides operational risk expertise to business projects and initiatives and participates in the development of risk rating systems
- Ensures coordination and communication within the business, with other business units, the Law Department, Internal Audit and external agencies as necessary
- Works with business line and/or functional management to resolve issues and address deficiencies to mitigate risk
- Oversees preparation or prepares responses to customer inquiries/complaints
- Prepares management reporting
- Manages budgets and a team of consultants/specialists
- Creates and communicates standards, policies and procedures, policy interpretations, management information, training and performance expectations that drive consistent, sustainable Due Diligence compliance management across the Wholesale Bank in accordance with all relevant corporate policies and guidelines and regulatory requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, FACTA, etc.
- Supports Wholesale businesses by answering queries related to Due Diligence Reviews in a timely, accurate, and complete manner
- Maintains a broad knowledge of financial crimes policies and initiatives across the enterprise
- Works closely with partners in Risk and Compliance, Financial Crimes, Legal, and AML Compliance to keep abreast of regulatory guidance and rulings, enforcement actions and penalties, as well as maintain an understanding of current events and international affairs
- Work is accomplished through supervisors/analysts/specialists as well as cross-functional/virtual teams, although the most complex cases may require hands-on involvement
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Working knowledge of BSA/AML programs including KYC, CDD, EDD, CIP and / or other related risk and regulatory disciplines
- Operates independently with minimal supervision, and effectively manages work requests to meet performance expectations
- Ability to dissect complex organizational structures to complete due diligence
- Ability to collaborate with geographically dispersed teams and matrixed relationships
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.