Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 (Wholesale Operations Risk Business Oversight Consultant)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wholesale Operations Risk Business Oversight Consultant is responsible for the independent oversight of the middle and back office operations front line operational risk management effectiveness. This role is expected to engage with business and risk resources within the front line to influence and challenge risk management activities and decisions. Operational risk is the risk resulting from inadequate or failed internal controls and processes, people and systems, or resulting from external events. Operational risk is inherent in all Wells Fargo products and services as it often arises in the presence of other risk types.
This role will develop specific subject matter expertise for Wholesale Operations, is considered a thought leader, and will assist the business oversight leader with all matters pertaining to operational risk coverage and oversight. In this capacity, this role reviews and challenges significant front-line operational risk program execution, including, but not limited to, payments, external fraud, information risk management, safety and physical security, transaction processing and execution, third-party risk management and various risk assessment policies and programs. The risk professional in this role will also develop detailed understanding of business strategy, the customer base, products and services and other relevant industry issues, frameworks and emerging risks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge to the line of business’ operational risk management activities
- Directing engagement with the control executive teams, business management and independent risk teams to promote a strong operational risk culture
- Engaging in key Wholesale Operations risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Overseeing and challenging the Wholesale Operations front line across all operational risk routines including - plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, monitor and report
- Supporting the business oversight leader with the performance of an independent risk assessment of the Wholesale Operations front line, inclusive of emerging risks
- Understanding, reviewing and challenging the Wholesale Operations front line risk acceptances and new business initiatives
- Identifying and escalating to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Influencing appropriate risk management prioritization by the front line to enable the business to meet strategic objectives, while meeting operational risk program expectations
- Evaluating cross-program and cross-group analytics to identify opportunities and best practices to influence stronger risk management practices by the business
- Engaging with independent risk management (IRM) teams supporting various risk types to ensure appropriate alignment and prioritization
- Developing and delivering oversight content summarizing the results of the independent risk assessment activities
- Maintaining relationships with business managers, independent risk teams, and group control executive teams
- Facilitating IRM-sourced issues to the Wholesale Operations as needed
- Providing a business-centric view to IRM Risk Programs as needed
- Preferred locations include New York, NY, Charlotte, NC., San Francisco, CA., and Phoenix, AZ. However, open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge across the enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong understanding of operations, processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Proven leadership skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions
- Demonstrated professional ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
- Proven ability to scope, manage and execute complex risk management initiatives with high quality and timely delivery
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.