Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Third Party Risk
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization within EIT builds the foundation for providing world-class risk management. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility - operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
We have an excellent opportunity for Operational Risk Consultants in EIT Technology Risk Management for the following three roles.
One role focuses on facilitating a third party risk governance forum with key stakeholders to review higher risk third party engagements within EIT to ensure risk is managed appropriately.
The primary responsibility for this position includes working with subject matter experts (SME) and stakeholders to:
- Source and analyze third party relationship/engagement data including risk assessment and vendor performance data.
- Summarize and present, key risks associated with third party engagements and remediation plans.
- Pre-syndication of the meeting materials, address any questions and prepare for the meeting.
- Run governance forum, field questions, respond to challenges, document decisions.
- Assist in creating self-identified issues.
- Conduct follow-ups and escalate if necessary to appropriate committee.
- Design and implement enhancements to the forum based on lessons learned through the process or based on input.
The second role provides risk management coverage for the design, implementation and post -implementation for a key initiative (Third Party Embedded IT) to improve technology oversight over third parties owned by business.
The primary responsibility for this position includes:
- Risk management coverage for third parties transitioned to EIT post-implementation by reviewing aggregated view of risks from assessments and vendor performance data to drive mitigation strategies, and challenge risk acceptances as necessary.
- Evaluate and opine on the design changes implemented as part of this key initiative such as new controls and technology risk assessments.
- Review management and Board reporting as well as participate in project meetings to conduct a quarterly assessment of Third Party Embedded IT initiative during implementation phase.
The third role supports a key initiative, Supplier Vendor Management (SVM) Path to Effective, from Implementation through Steady-state.
The primary responsibility is to work with SVM Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to:
- Validate key components of the implementation plan, including process documentation, metrics/KRIs, controls, RACI, policies and standards to ensure process is clearly documented and managing the risk appropriately.
- Update existing controls and/or develop new controls to manage third party risk
- Monthly reporting and escalations to senior management and Technology Production and Operations Committee
- Act as a focal point with SVM SMEs and stakeholders by coordinating and attending periodic meetings to stay informed with project progression and ensure timely execution
Post Implementation phase
- Periodically design, review and implement action plans to mitigate risks
- Assist process owner in defining and ongoing maintenance of controls to ensure they are aligned to appropriate groups and that they address significant risks with the SVM process
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Develop and define metrics and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to measure, monitor, report, and escalate risk
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded risk and technical background with experience evaluating and addressing third party risk. The candidate will need to understand technology and third party risk concepts and controls. The candidate will need to translate technical information to non-technical individuals in oral and written formats.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of third party risk assessment procedures, risk mitigation or risk remediation
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- 7+ years’ experience in a technology environment within the last 10 years
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with varying levels of stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience leveraging data to understand trends, issues and drive mitigation/remediation
- Experience reviewing risk from assessment and vendor performance data to develop and drive mitigations solutions.
- Experience with updating or developing new controls to manage third party risk
- Experience with reporting escalations and comfortable presenting to the Operations Committee
- Experience developing and defining KRI’s
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.