Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Technology Control Framework title
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The EIT Control Framework Team is responsible for monitoring corporate and technology risk policy, standards, and methodology to identify, prioritize, communicate, and govern new and changing technology risk control framework requirements. This role will work to identify control requirements and across WFT and drive the remediation of gaps with stakeholders and partners aligned to processes and assets.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and identify control expectations for technology and information security processes and activities based on regulatory requirements, corporate policy, and industry best practice.
- Review gaps in the control environment against expectations and determine appropriate solutions.
- Engage with partners across EIT and EIS to drive remediation of control gaps
- Closely monitor progress with stakeholders, taking a hands on approach towards implementing controls across the environment.
- Provide leadership and guidance to impacted stakeholders around control framework requirements and technology control implementation
- Support a governance mechanism to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation
- Partner with first, second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mature risk management programs
- Knowledge of industry control frameworks and approaches (COBIT, NIST, ISO, ITIL)
- Familiarity with regulatory expectations for a financial services technology
- IT audit/audit consulting experience
- Advanced Enterprise Risk Management experience and perspective
- Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management topics
- Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.