Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Regulatory Compliance
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Technology Regulatory Management process requires an understanding of regulatory authoritative sources and how they apply to the Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) organization. The candidate will support the review of major compliance requirements to determine what is applicable to WFT and the resulting impacts. The candidate will work directly with the Technology Compliance, Corporate Risk - Regulatory Source Owners, Technology, Third Party, Information Risk Oversight, Divisional Operational Risk Management and risk domain consultants to complete requirements reviews and determine if any gaps exist within WFT based on the new/revised major requirements under consideration.
Accountable for reviewing new and revised major regulatory compliance content to understand key requirements and determine if WFT has control gaps with requirements. This review and assessment process will require leadership and analytical skills in addition to partnership with divisional ORM teams and the process and control owners.
This position has key role accountability in Regulatory Management includes, but not limited:
- Serving as a subject matter expert supporting the regulatory compliance lifecycle, which includes major requirement review of laws, regulations and rules both domestically and internationally, establishment of compliance objectives for technology, identification and risk evaluation of compliance gaps, ongoing monitoring of compliance baselines and action plans to ensure sustained compliance
- Serving as a subject matter expert for WFT to aid in the education, identification, documentation, and remediation of technology regulatory risk management gaps
- Will ensure Regulatory Management process, routines, procedures and guidelines are maintained in audit ready state and will ensure corporate tools and systems of records are leveraged to create a comprehensive view of the technology regulatory control environment
- Will assist with the advancement and maintenance of the WFT library of applicable authoritative sources and major requirements
- Will ensure the strong risk management and regulatory compliance culture is maintained and will drive accountabilities across diverse stakeholders within technology and operational risk. Will ensure compliance risks are maintained within KPI/KRI boundaries. If breached, will ensure proper mitigation and notification to technology and operational risk oversight committees.
- Will ensure the development and distribution of compliance management reports and dashboards. Will ensure data quality and validation controls are maintained in support of accurate reporting
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute in a large, diverse, matrixed organization
- Ability to interpret and communicate impact of regulation to technology operations and its business in risk and compliance terms.
- Ability to determine and debate applicability, provide guidance and engage stakeholders in the development of actions to meet compliance objectives
- Broad knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and Third Party, BCP, PMO, Change Mgmt., Problem and Incident Management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, Asset management
- Knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP desired but not required
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.