Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Operational Risk Review Team
at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Independent Risk Management is Corporate Risk, which is responsible for independent oversight of risk-taking activities. The function is led by the chief risk officer, who reports to the chair of the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Strategic enterprise function-aligned leaders in the Corporate Risk organization provide an independent view of horizontal, cross-business risks.
Operational Risk Business Oversight Function
The Operational Risk Business Oversight Function has four unique, complimentary teams that support independent oversight of Front Line operational risk management: Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO); Operational Risk Review (ORR); Operational Risk Data Analytics & Intelligence (ORDA&I); and Structural Planning & Administration.
The Role: Operational Risk Consultant 5 -Operational Risk Review Team
The Operational Risk Review (ORR) team engages and coordinates with Front Line, Operational Risk Business Oversight Teams, and Risk Type Teams to drive independent reviews of known or emerging operational risks across the company. The ORR team executes reviews with a focus on ensuring that the risk management actions taken were adequate and to apply lessons learned more broadly to other activities or processes across the Company. Results of reviews are socialized with applicable stakeholders and shared with senior management to promote risk mitigation strategies and apply lessons learned across the Company.
As a member of the ORR team, you will be accountable for:
- Leading and supporting ORR reviews on emerging risk and adverse events with a focus on independently assessing the adequacy of risk management actions surrounding the matter
- Performing analysis of policies, procedures, issue management practices, business process risk management, and other processes that may have contributed to, or impacted the severity of the matter under review
- Socializing review findings and recommendations with applicable stakeholders to ensure sufficient connectivity with risk management practices led by control executive organizations, ORBO leaders, and other IRM functions and partners
- Evaluating and concluding if management responses to review findings and recommendations adequately address risk management deficiencies
- Producing and presenting ORR reports and supporting materials that clearly communicate findings and recommendations to senior management and governance forums
- Credibly challenging the work products and conclusions provided by peers, other review teams, and other stakeholders involved in a review
- Maintaining, updating, and reviewing documentation, including review documentation, schedules and statuses, meeting agendas and minutes, and follow up activities
- Effectively operating in an integrated model that routinely engages with Front Line businesses, Independent Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and the Legal Department
- Leading and engaging in projects and assignments beyond normal ORR responsibilities
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading risk initiatives to help build an effective control environment
- Experience with monitoring, implementing and tracking of corrective actions
- Experience using a risk governance reporting tool, such as SHRP, BIKE, ORM, etc.
- Issues management experience; identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.