Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5 - EIT Self-Assurance
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
For more than 160 years, Wells Fargo has been in the risk management business. It’s central to what we do, and it’s never been more important. If you have a passion and desire to understand and help mitigate risk, you will be interested in reading further.
Who We Are
The Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Technology Risk Management team is responsible for building and executing strategic risk programs and enabling a comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). Further, EIT risk management is responsible for instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. EIT risk management is organized around shared services and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support, both domestically and internationally.
What we are looking for
The EIT Self-Assurance Team provides first line of defense self-assurance reviews to executive management within EIT. We are looking for Operational Risk Consultants to help mature the control self-assurance capability by bringing prior control design and testing experience. The roles will have to operate in a very dynamic manner, connecting and building relationships with key partners, as well as be able to perform high quality analytical work. These roles will be responsible for executing reviews on the EIT Self-Assurance annual plan which may focus on providing controls assurance on end-to-end technology processes and/or related to specific technology assets (i.e. applications, data bases, operating systems, etc.).
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead efforts to develop, implement, and mature the technology risk and control framework across EIT and the firm.
- Provide leadership on risk methodology, organizational interdependencies, and interoperability across risk and control partners to influence direction.
- Support a governance framework to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation of risk management related matters
- Leads the team for making decisions based process on the information available and presents solutions to management
- Knows when to act independently and when to lead and involve others in decision making process
- Reviews own work product for completeness and accuracy against a set of criteria
- Provides the team guidance on policy and processes in support of management
- Provide subject matter expertise on regulatory expectations and industry best practice around risk and control frameworks
- Partner with Second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ Years risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mature risk management programs
- IT audit/audit consulting experience
- Advanced Enterprise Risk Management experience and perspective
- Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management topics
- Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.