Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Information Security (IS), the Enterprise Functions and Technology, Group Information Security Leader (G-ISL) organization has an open Operational Risk Consultant (ORC) 5 position. The position will be responsible for helping to provide support for Information security compliance requirements. It is critical that the applicant know how to successfully maintain a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency. Preferred location is Charlotte, NC, Minneapolis, MN or Phoenix, AZ however other locations will be considered.
The Operational Risk Consultant 5 will work closely with the Enterprise Function and EIT Group Information Security Leader and Operations Leader, the other GIS-L teams, and Leaders across Wells Fargo technology and business risk partners to:
- Provide Information Security (IS) risk expertise and consult on projects/programs and initiatives which may include providing information security policy guidance.
- Provide Issue management guidance and direction for relevant Issue, Corrective Actions, and Milestones.
- Identify and engage peers, partners and subject matter experts to assess IS risks and the effectiveness of controls.
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations to IS, technology and business teams on appropriate risk management.
- Perform thought leadership on ways to improve policy adherence, reporting, integration to existing G-ISL routines.
- Provide general risk oversight and ad-hoc risk consulting, working laterally with other team members in the organization as needed.
- Support relevant audit and exam requirements.
- May provide guidance to less experienced team members.*
- Perform Business Office Functions such as communications, Management by Objective Management, etc.
Critical success factors of the position include:
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization and influence the outcomes of decisions to ensure the most appropriate risk posture in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think beyond the risks today and those related to immediate activities, but to look at the risks associated with emerging challenges and activities that could drive risks that have yet to be managed appropriately.
- Ability to work in an intense, highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with timing pressures from lines of business, staff groups and risk partners
- Ability to say "no" to a request tactfully while offering alternative options to get to "yes" if appropriate
- Ability to lead and be led virtually
- Ability to create new policy/process/procedures, guidance and/or guardrails in areas where there is no road map, rules or previous foundation to rely upon
**Open to all Wells Fargo Major Hub Locations to include Telecommute.**
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experienced in working with tools such as SHRP, Policyworks, sparc*
- 3+ years’ experience related to technology or information security based Project Management
- Knowledge of the Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA) Processes and methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of information security policies and control standards
- Knowledge and understanding of cyber security defense and monitoring processes and programs
- Knowledge and understanding of project management standards, processes and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of second line of defense role and line of sight visibility
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
VA-Glen Allen: 4340 Innslake Dr - Glen Allen, VA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.