Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
This role will be responsible for supporting the PVSI Safety and Physical Security Risk program that is forward looking, consistent, customer focused while at the same time required to meet corporate program requirements. The candidate will create and execute a specified risk type program, providing oversight of the Safety and Physical Security requirements to ensure appropriate implementation of controls, while identifying, managing and mitigating the related risks. The candidate will collaborate with key Enterprise partners across Wells Fargo and will have exposure to senior risk and business leadership.
Additional Accountability includes:
- Assess and mitigate Safety & Physical Security risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Maintains a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- Provide Safety & Physical Security risk expertise to business projects and initiatives and participates in the development of risk determination.
- Accomplish work through a matrixed organization as well as cross-functional/virtual teams.
- Think and work strategically, developing strategic approach and delivering independently.
- Influence without direct authority, creating and managing across multiple risk disciplines.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
- 7+ years Operational Risk and/or related risk experience; subject matter expert in Safety & Physical Security.
- Successful track record providing advice and counsel to management on significant initiatives to improve risk management and internal controls
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior leaders and simplify the complex
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- BA/BS and or Master’s Degree in a Business or related field
- Certification in a related field.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.