Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Technology Risk Assessment
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Technology Control resides within the Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) organization. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility - operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes. The Central Risk Services Team resides within the Technology Control function and has responsibility for Risk Assessments, Audit & Issue Management and Reporting across WFT.
This role will support overall strategy, management and execution of technology risk assessments across WFT. The role will support the definition of strategy and requirements, as well as development of a robust framework for monitoring and reporting aggregated risk and risk response across WFT. This will include driving clear communication and stakeholder engagement in order to support the organization in meeting risk assessment related objectives.
A clear understanding of technology risk is key to the success of this role. The candidate will have accountability for working with the Head of Technology Risk Assessment to review and synthesize metrics and reporting as well as sharing information and trends with key business leaders.
Provide support with the development of a robust risk awareness program specific to conducting risk assessments.
This is a highly visible role requiring strong interpersonal skills, organizational capabilities, presentation skills and leadership capabilities.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 2+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter,
- Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, Change Mgmt, Problem and Incident Management, SOX and other Regulations (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, Asset Management, Compliance, IS, Audit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.