Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Self Assurance Activities
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Wells Fargo Deposit Products Group (DPG) offers innovative checking, savings and payment solutions that form the core of our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo and fulfill a broad array of their financial needs. We make our products and services intuitive so they are simple to use and fully integrated to deliver a superior customer experience through all of our channels. DPG products include Business Deposits; Consumer Deposits; Debit and Prepaid Cards; and Global Remittance Services: Wells Fargo ExpressSend®Service.
This position will support the development, maintenance, and execution of Deposit Products Group "Self-assurance Activities" to confirm that risk mitigating controls assigned to various business processes are operating as designed and expected.
Self-assurance activities (SAA) will provide opportunities for self-identification of issues, root cause analysis, reporting, resolution of process and control deficiencies and potential adverse customer impacts. SAA will be conducted on a routine and recurring basis. Documentation, recurring reporting, and periodic attestation of SAA activities will be required.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk-based programs to identify, assess and mitigate any operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency.
- May provide oversight to an operational risk program. Works with complex business units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with high risk.
- May provide systems security consulting on complex issues.
Designs and develops testing strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards. Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change. Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery. Reports findings and develops business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk. Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies. Manages project teams and may provide guidance to less experienced consultants.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of risk management frameworks and principles, internal control design objectives, audit / testing / quality assurance methodologies
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzing business and/or system changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues
- Proven ability to develop pertinent reporting and analytics to help in understanding and aid in the development of solutions for complex risk and control issues
- Ability to identify root cause of identified issues and evaluate potential mitigation plans
- Ability to identify, implement and maintain testing automation opportunities.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.