Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - IT Risk Monitoring
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Risk & Control Monitoring group within Wells Fargo Technology’s Technology Control group is responsible for implementing and monitoring a risk-based program to identify and mitigate any operational risks that arise from inadequate or failed internal processes, systems or external events or may provide oversight of an operational risk program. The group also participates in and provides consulting and support for projects and initiatives to identify and mitigate operational risk in business activities.
The position will be responsible for supporting a new monitoring function for the Data Monitoring Team (DMT) within the Technology Control area of Wells Fargo Technology. The candidate may be asked to complete other related assignments as assigned.
This position will be responsible for assisting to build out a new monitoring function and partnering with the technical lead for creation and communication of dashboard metrics and alerts.
The candidate should demonstrate strong leadership, and the ability to: analyze and simplify complex information; be objective, capable of independent challenge; communicate effectively to various audiences, including management; influence stakeholders in collaborative environment without direct organizational authority; ability to manage multiple priorities at once; create partnerships and build a strong network of resources; and ability to compile, analyze, and interpret reporting; ability to work effectively across multiple lines of business; attention to detail; and strong organizational skills.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- Database experience with querying, data feeds and an understanding of data analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks, and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.