Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Governance Reporting and Oversight
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Independent risk management is Corporate Risk, which is responsible for independent oversight of risk-taking activities. The function is led by the chief risk officer, who reports to the chair of the Risk Committee of the Board of Directors. Strategic enterprise function-aligned leaders in the Corporate Risk organization provide an independent view of horizontal, cross-business risks.
The Operational Risk Business Oversight Function has four unique, complimentary teams that support independent oversight of Front Line operational risk management: Operational Risk Business Oversight (ORBO); Operational Risk Review (ORR); Operational Risk Data Analytics & Intelligence (ORDA&I); and Structural Planning & Administration.
The Operational Risk Review (ORR) team engages and coordinates with Front Line, Operational Risk Business Oversight Teams, and Risk Type Teams to drive independent reviews of known or emerging operational risks across the company. The Operational Risk Review team focuses on the analysis of operational risk events to ensure that the risk management in place is adequate, and to apply lessons learned more broadly to other activities or processes across the Company. Results of reviews are socialized with applicable stakeholders and shared with senior management to promote risk mitigation strategies and apply lessons learned across the Company.
As a member of the Operational Risk Review Governance team, you will be accountable for:
- Performing analysis of policies, procedures, issue management practices, business process risk management, and other processes, to understand their applicability to the ORR program
- Credibly challenging the work products and conclusions provided by peers, other review teams, and other stakeholders involved in a review
- Develop and support effective aggregated reporting of thematic concerns stemming from ORR review activities
- Develop and communicate comprehensive, effective, and actionable ORR reporting for senior management, risk committees, the Board of Directors, and other Wells Fargo stakeholders
- Support development of key metrics and data analytics for ORR internal analysis and any produced downstream reporting
- Develop ad hoc Reports, as requested by ORR, ORBO, or stakeholder leadership
- Ensure consistent execution of program requirements in alignment with program and procedural guidance
- Support project/program/initiative execution
- Track and monitor resolution activities
- Effectively operating in an integrated model that routinely engages with Front Line businesses, Independent Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and the Legal Department
- Leading and engaging in projects and assignments beyond normal Operational Risk Review responsibilities
This position is open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience leading risk initiatives to help build an effective control environment
- Experience with monitoring, implementing and tracking of corrective action
- Experience using a risk governance reporting tool, such as SHRP, BIKE, ORM, etc.
- Issues management experience; identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Gap analysis experience to help drive a better risk control environment
- Driving research and root cause analysis of various risk management issues
- Enterprise wide experience within risk management
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrixed environment, building effective business partnerships with team members at varying levels
- Understanding of operational risk practices, their applicability to managing risk, and their alignment with organizational policy and regulatory frameworks
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, risks, controls, systems, and/or monitoring events, specifically with respect to operational risk
- Proactive self-starter, adept at seeing and tackling problems early before they grow bigger
- Comfortable in an environment of credible challenge
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize and manage concurrent tasks in a fast-paced, fluid, and imperfect environment with challenging deadlines and priorities
- Ability to think through details while staying focused on the big picture/goal
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience with the ability to perform complex features
- Operational risk professional with governance, reporting, and/or data analytics experience
- Proven ability building PowerPoint presentations and providing reporting materials used for senior management presentations
- Understanding of issues management, change management, and process improvement
- Ability to provide operational risk oversight as it pertains to the operational risk framework
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.