Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Commercial Real-Estate Regulatory Control
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Commercial Real Estate Regulatory Control team (within Wholesale Regulatory Control) is seeking an experienced consultant to support regulatory control risk management activity for one or more of the Commercial Real Estate businesses (Real Estate Banking, Specialty Real Estate Finance, REIT Finance, Community Lending and Investment, Multifamily Capital, Real Estate Capital Markets and Commercial Mortgage Servicing). The role requires the ability to foster collaboration and consensus among multiple stakeholders, to pursue multiple projects and goals with a sense of urgency, and to approach work efforts with curiosity, a passion for positive results, and personal integrity.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing a strong working knowledge of the Commercial Real Estate businesses and the regulatory requirements and risks that apply to the businesses
- Developing detailed knowledge of the processes and controls used in the businesses to satisfy regulatory requirements and mitigate risk
- Collaborating with multiple partners and stakeholders to design, implement, execute and evaluate the effectiveness of controls to meet requirements and mitigate regulatory risks
- Continuously engaging in risk and issue identification, escalation and remediation
- Adhering to effective change management and communication routines as needed
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
*Other Wells Fargo footprint locations will be considered*
Other Desired Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of the structure, roles, customer profile, products, processes, and tools/systems in one or more of the Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate businesses, or similar businesses at another financial institution
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and understanding of how requirements they are implemented, managed and enforced in one or more of the Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate businesses, or similar businesses at another financial institution
- Specific expertise designing, implementing and monitoring processes and controls to meet requirements and mitigate risk in one or more of the following regulatory subject areas: HMDA, Volcker, Regulation B/ECOA, UDAP, Fair Lending, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Regulation W, Regulation O, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Community Reinvestment Act
- Experience providing appropriate guidance to all levels of team members
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively across different stakeholders, groups or lines of business in a large organization
- Experience interacting with and responding to issues and credible challenge from testing and audit teams, legal partners and independent risk management compliance
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups and achieve a desired outcome
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationales
- Advanced degree (JD, MBA, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and influence across all organizational levels
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.