Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
This role will be responsible for supporting the PVSI Information Risk Management (IRM) Privacy program that is forward looking, consistent, customer focused while at the same time required to meet corporate program and regulatory requirements. The candidate will own, manage and execute front line Privacy Risk Program activities, engaging, supporting, collaborating and/or coordinating with partners across the enterprise to ensure Privacy requirements are understood and appropriately implemented within PVSI, mitigating the risks of improper privacy practices. The candidate will collaborate with key Enterprise partners across Wells Fargo and will have exposure to senior risk and business leadership.
Specifically this individual will have and provide technical expertise, lead through influence and drive execution of the following at a PVSI line of business level:
* Ensure PVSI line of business consistently interprets and executes all Privacy Policies, Standards and Procedures, provide expert risk guidance to PVSI lines of business and provide insightful feedback to the Enterprise regarding potential changes or enhancements to the enterprise program.
* Perform risk Identification and analysis. Work with key partners and tools to identify trends, provide risk-based recommendations and associated action plans in order to effectively mitigate the root causes of Privacy or Records Management issues. Leverage organizational knowledge, WF risk culture, systems, processes and applicable policies to identify potential problems and opportunities and implement effective, consistent and sustainable solutions.
* Facilitate sharing of best practices and communication. Develop relationships across multiple organizations, identify and share best practices with business partners across the Wells Fargo Enterprise and PVSI business units. Lead meetings with PVSI Business, Compliance and Independent Risk Management Leaders to discuss program strategies, issues, mitigating controls, and cost effective solutions using a risk-based approach.
* Perform monitoring and reporting (including KRIs and issues), timely escalations and notifications
* Implement critical initiatives such as GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act.
Other Desired Qualifications
* Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role.
* 5+ years Privacy, Information Management, Operational Risk and/or related risk experience; subject matter expert in Privacy.
* Successful track record providing advice and counsel to management on significant initiatives to improve risk management and internal controls
* Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
* Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior leaders and simplify the complex
* Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
* BA/BS and or Master’s Degree in a Business or related field
* Certification in a related field (CIPP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.