Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Deposit Products Group Safe Deposit Box Product and Front Line Business Process Support: this position will be responsible for the front line support of the Safe Deposit Box product and processes, as well as other internal control, issue management and validation assurance activities.
* Lead reviews to evaluate the design and performance of policies, procedures, systems and internal controls
* Lead and participation in ad hoc control design reviews and walkthroughs with line of business partners, working laterally and vertically with risk and business managers in the organization
* Develop validation assurance strategies to effectively sample the relevant population
* Identify issues, analyze root cause and report findings and recommendations to senior management
* Build and foster strong relationships and collaborate effectively by partnering with line of business partners to provide a risk perspective and recommendations as appropriate
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of processes, assurance activities, initiatives, products, policies, procedures and internal controls and identify issues resulting from internal and/or external examinations
* Providing assistance to line of business partners in providing credible challenge for resolving issues and implementing action plans to address control deficiencies
* Monitor and assess process changes and impacts.
Preferred locations: 600 S 4th Street, Floor 4, Minneapolis MN 55415; however, other Wells Fargo locations will be considered to include but not limited to Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA (Bay Area); Des Moines, Iowa; Charlotte, NC, etc.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience working within the Financial Services Industry of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Knowledge and understanding of the Deposit Products Group and the larger PVSI organization
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements affecting Deposit Products Group (Regulations DD, D and E, UDAAP, Complaints, Issue Management)
- Operational risk management tools systems experience (e.g. SHRP, RCSA), a plus
- Experience with partnering with multiple stakeholders to include the Deposit Products Group line of business support teams and Enterprise teams
- Demonstrated issue management experience and success
- Capable to operate in a high stress environment with multiple competing priorities
- Leadership experience in a related operations, risk management or compliance role
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Program and project management skills
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.