Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Technology Risk Management resides within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) organization. Its functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility - operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk management based on data and analytical processes.
This role resides within the divisional Issue Management, Policy Implementation & Execution function and will play a key role in the oversight and end-to-end management of, issue remediation, technology and security exceptions remediation, policy implementation, adherence and compliance. The role will provide necessary training regarding issue management standards, new \updated policy execution, and policy remediation requirements across the divisional teams. Additionally, these roles will be responsible for escalating issues accordingly, reporting, tracking and managing past due issues, coming due issues as well as working towards ensuring tollgates are properly managed.
A clear understanding of technology risk is key to the success of this role. A background in issue management, policy implementation, audit and / compliance is required. Strong process skills and tactical capabilities are imperative. Candidates will have accountability for working to review and synthesize metrics and reporting as well as sharing information and trends with key business leaders. Must be results driven.
These are highly visible roles requiring strong interpersonal skills, organizational capabilities, presentation skills and leadership capabilities.
Key Job Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Analyzes and conducts impact assessment for Corporate Risk policies, Enterprise Information Security policies and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) policies and provides necessary training \ education to the supported divisions and oversees implementation and adherence across the division.
- Clearly demonstrate understanding of key technology processes like System Development Life Cycle, Change Management, and Access Management etc.
- Proactively monitors for on-going adherence to enterprise policies and provides review and feedback for newly enacted or proposed policy changes
- Provide oversight and end-to-end management of, issue remediation, technology and security exceptions remediation, policy implementation, adherence and compliance.
- Interacts effectively across the organization including management while demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with business partners
- Partners with business unit leaders and provides operational risk expertise regarding Corporate Risk policy EIS and EIT policies and framework requirements
- Facilitates large group efforts, drives consensus, and resolves conflicts between security and business objectives
- Adapts to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Meeting facilitation experience in leading discussions that result in consensus and commitment
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.