Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise's Risk Identification Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
We have an excellent opportunity for an Operational Risk Consultant in Enterprise Information Technology. In this new role you will be responsible for representing EIT and Technology risk as part of the Enterprise’s Risk Identification (ERID) program.
The primary responsibility for the position includes:
- Assist in running quarterly EIT workshop for ERID with senior management by reviewing and rating risks with supporting rationale, syndicating the ratings with key stakeholders and summarizing changes in rating and rationale.
- Document mitigating controls within EIT to address the material risks identified through the program.
- Represent EIT in risk type challenge discussions to support rating and rationale provided as well as follow up on any challenges/questions related to them.
- Design and implement enhancements to the program based on lessons learned through the process or based on input by key stakeholders
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded risk and technical background. The candidate will need to understand technology risk concepts and controls. The candidate will need to translate technical information to non-technical individuals in oral and written formats.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with varying levels of stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience leveraging data to understand trends, issues and drive mitigation/remediation
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risk assessment procedures, risk mitigation or remediation
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy - auto-populated
- 5+ years’ experience in a technology environment within the last 8 years
- Degree in Technology or related field
- Related certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, GIAC, etc.)
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.