Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EIS Operational Risk Consultant 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Information Security (EIS) is part of Wells Fargo's Technology organization. Wells Fargo views information security as enabling lines of business to mitigate information security risk in accordance with our risk appetite. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects our infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. Our vision is to provide Wells Fargo with world-leading cyber security risk management.
Operational Risk Consultant 5
We have several exciting opportunities for consultants in our Enterprise Information Security Front Line Risk Management (FLRM) organization. These positions will support the EIS LOBs. These individuals will provide leadership and strategic guidance for the implementation and effective execution of tasks to identify, assess, and mitigate risks within EIS and across risk domains. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that has expertise in risk and program management, is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
* Provide strategic thought leadership and be the trusted advisor to the Control Executive, Risk leadership and the EIS front line teams.
* Provide operational risk and regulatory compliance expertise and consult on projects/programs and initiatives with moderate/high risk, which may include providing systems security consulting on complex issues.
* Provide credible challenge and recommendations to technology and business teams on appropriate risk management.
* Drive front line risk strategy across the supported EIS LOB; and establish, administer, and execute long-term goals for controlling risk in accordance with risk program requirements.
* Implementation of the front line risk management program requirements and related business procedures, processes, and systems of internal controls to ensure adequacy and effectiveness across EIS front line functions.
* Evaluate key risk and performance indicators to identify emerging trends within the business and across risk domains.
* Interact with senior leaders, control function leaders, independent risk management and external audit to foster transparency and appropriate awareness of risk control activities.
* Establish and maintain communication protocols to foster information sharing and collaboration
* Promote a strong risk culture, cultivate relationships and foster a team orientation with EIS business partners, independent risk management, and internal audit
* May provide guidance to less experienced operational risk consultants.
Location: Preference is for this position to be located at a primary Wells Fargo location; will consider others.
Other Desired Qualifications
- EIS LOB experience
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk functions.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo risk management practices over multiple lines of business and/or the independent risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of eGRC tools, such as Archer, that enable reporting and issue management
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.