Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Management Risk Governance (DMRG) Operational Risk Consultant 4 / Enterprise Data Management Risk (EDMR) Group
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management & Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
Data Management Risk Governance (DMRG) - Enterprise Data Management Risk (EDMR) Group
The Data Management Risk Governance (DMRG) Team is part of the Enterprise Data Management Risk (EDMR) Group in the Enterprise Control Activity (ECA) under Data Management & Insights (DMI). DMI is an Enterprise Control Activity (ECA), responsible for centralized control solutions to drive the data strategy and enterprise-wide centralized governance. DMRG has characteristics of Independent Risk Management (IRM) under the Risk Management Framework. DMRG is responsible for integration of data management risk governance and credible challenge routines horizontally across the enterprise, including:
- Effective governance structure and engagement model with stakeholders, including the Enterprise Risk Programs (ERPs) and Operational Risk Management Capabilities (ORMCs) in Corporate Risk
- Effective processes to identify, assess, and measure risk
- Monitoring Key indicators to better inform management of current state of risk and exposure
Data Management Risk Governance (DMRG) Operational Risk Consultant
This position reports to the Head of the Enterprise Data Management Risk (EDMR) Manager, which has three key functions in support of Independent Data Governance and Oversight:
- Build & Maintenance
- Data Management Risk Governance (DMRG)
- Data Risk Control Operating Model (DRCOM)
Enterprise Data Management Risk Management is responsible for approving alternative risk management practices and maintaining records of those practices, governing risk acceptances and review activities, performing necessary governance functions to ensure effective management of the risks and compliance with company-wide requirements and providing risk management best practices, risk aggregation, analysis and communication to highlight area of acute or emerging r
Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. As an ECA, this role provides credible challenge across the enterprise, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision, Values & Goals and risk appetite.
This position reports to one of two DMRG Managers. This position will have responsibility for aspects of governing the Operational Risk - Data Management Risk Type horizontally across the enterprise:
- Develop and document governance and credible challenge routines and standard operating procedures
- Lead governance routines for Enterprise Risk Programs (ERPs)
- Provide comprehensive view into data management integration into Enterprise Risk Programs (ERPs) and Operational Risk Management Capabilities (ORMCs)
- Provide Enterprise Risk Title governance and support across Business Groups and Risk Types
- Engage in Enterprise Control Taxonomy governance routine representing DMR interests across Business Groups and Risk Types including New Business Initiatives
- Perform credible challenge routines with policy, issues management, event escalations, operational losses, testing & validation, Integrated Process Risk Control (IPRC) Assessment, Business Process Mapping (BPM), and Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) in collaboration with DMRG Team
- Collaborate with DMRG and related EDG teams to identify and manage synergies, dependencies, and common challenges
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Information Security Risk or Technology experience preferred
- Experience in Data Management Risk
- Working knowledge in data domains of: Consumer Lending, WIM, Community Banking, Wholesale, Credit Risk and/or Commercial Lending
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.