Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Control Framework Consultant/Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
This position reports directly to the Head of the Data Management Risk Group, a level 2 risk classification within Wells Fargo’s level 1 Operational Risk , and part of the DMI Enterprise Control Activity (ECA). The position is responsible to ensure that the firm maintains a comprehensive data risk control framework across risk types and end-to-end within the data lifecycle and data supply chain.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify the scope of risk types with data risks and develop effective partnerships across risk types to identify and control these risks
- Leverage industry and regulatory information to establish expectations in defining the data risk control framework end-to-end across the data lifecycle
- Execute processes to help identify potential data risks, leveraging partnerships with front line teams and risk programs to share and act on insights gained
- Maintain an inventory of data controls within the corporate risk toolsets and provide effective change management practices, consistent with enterprise program requirements
- Define Key Control Indicators (KCIs) within the Enterprise Risk Measurement (ERM) program that enhance the ability to monitor control effectiveness and reduce residual risks
- Provide information through partnerships to promote awareness of the data risk control framework
- Develop training and communication forums that promote an understanding of data risks and how controls mitigate these risks
- Define reporting requirements that enhance monitoring and reporting capabilities, in partnership with other risk programs and provide updates to senior and executive leadership
- Lead a cross functional working group to develop and implement the framework across the enterprise
- Be the face and voice of the data risk controls framework initiative, end-to-end, across the enterprise and within DMI
LOCATIONS: Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ; and Minneapolis, MN
Other Desired Qualifications
- Team Builder
- Promoting Authority
- Experience defining data risk control framework
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.