Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Control Framework Operational Risk Consultant 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Wells Fargo Technology Risk Management team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
What we are looking for
The EIT Control Framework Team is responsible for monitoring corporate and technology risk policy, standards, and methodology to identify, prioritize, communicate, and govern new and changing technology risk control framework requirements. This role will work to identify control requirements and across EIS and drive the remediation of gaps with stakeholders and partners aligned to processes and assets.
The accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and identify control expectations for technology and information security processes and activities based on regulatory requirements, corporate policy, and industry best practice.
- Review gaps in the control environment against expectations and determine appropriate solutions.
- Engage with partners across EIT and EIS to drive remediation of control gaps
- Closely monitor progress with stakeholders, taking a hands on approach towards implementing controls across the environment.
- Provide leadership and guidance to impacted stakeholders around control framework requirements and technology control implementation
- Support a governance mechanism to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation
Partner with first, second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mature risk management programs
- Familiarity with regulatory expectations for a financial services technology
- IT audit/audit consulting experience
- Advanced Enterprise Risk Management experience and perspective
- Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management
- Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior manage
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.