Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud Operational Risk Consultant 4
at Wells Fargo
About Wells Fargo and Company
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the Internet (wellsfargo.com) across North America and internationally.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying all our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. One in three households in America does business with Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo has $1.4 trillion in assets and more than 275,000 team members in more than 35 countries across our 80+ businesses.
Who We Are
The Wells Fargo Technology Risk Management team is responsible for driving the execution and comprehensive view of risk across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the firm by instilling a risk management culture where businesses are accountable for understanding and managing their risk. Technology Risk Management is organized around shared and divisional responsibilities to provide first-line-of-defense risk management support to drive the execution of the Technology Risk Management Program.
About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
At Wells Fargo, technology is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our more than 75 million global customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) group provides strategic technology-based products, services, and governance for our enterprise business units. EIT helps customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of the channel. Altogether, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise, managing world-wide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs, making EIT a competitive advantage for Wells Fargo.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Operational Risk Consultant to join our team and assist in developing and driving the technology Risk and Control Framework. This position will engage with the multiple risk and control stakeholders / lines of defense across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the enterprise as a whole to enable a strong risk management practice and capabilities. This position will focus on Cloud technologies to provide guidance and testing to ensure controls and governance are effective to manage risk. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: risk and control identification and testing, issue management, Policy & procedure evaluation, and regulatory and industry standards.
This role will focus on Public Cloud IT services and helps support processes and controls.
Our environment continues to be one of the heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense, this role provides leadership support to ensure that EIT is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide risk management oversight to a forward thinking Cloud strategic vision and direction, collaborate closely with existing Enterprise Information Technology (EIT), Enterprise Information Security (EIS) and other stakeholders to monitor action plans and milestones, inspire /transform and challenge new thinking
- Develop and present compelling views and conduct persuasive conversation focused on Cloud transformation and risk management activities
- Ability to actively participate in and influence end-to-end key risk process development, and establishing guiding principles and formal risk based decision-making.
- Ensure adherence to supporting policies/standards by providing feedback, direction, and industry leading practices
- Providing reviews on remediation plans and provides feedback on strategy, governance, measurable benefits, metrics, scope and reasonableness
- Applies relevant risk, domain and change knowledge/experience to ensure the timely and effective identification, assessment and escalation of risks in a transparent manner
- Possess strong communications skills, demonstrate critical thinking capabilities, and the ability to convey complex information and ideas both simply and clearly; be able to effectively communicate and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
- Partner with Second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
- Provide subject matter expertise as it relates to control review activities and control data intelligence
Preferred locations- Phoenix, AZ; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Des Moines, IA; San Francisco, CA.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and
- Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
- IT audit or audit consulting experience
- Identification and evaluation of Technology risks and controls, including supporting technology processes.
- Experience with control evaluation and testing that including documentation of testing and reporting results.
- Experience developing and/or evaluation of technology governance programs, policies, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and related industry control standards.
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- Expertise providing oversight/leadership of successful risk management initiatives in the cloud
- Expertise in understanding business impacts of technology decisions as they relate to cloud adoption and specifically risk management and security. Be a change agent on Cloud Transformation
- Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Clouds
- Possesses extensive risk management strategy and governance, technology, and process knowledge across risk domain capabilities including Cloud solutions, patch and vulnerability management, IaaS, PaaS, and network segmentation
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.