Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Employee Shared Services
at Webster University
The incumbent is responsible for managing Employee Shared Services with primary focus on HR and Payroll manual or electronic transactions, systems administration and data analytics. Oversees maintenance of all HR and Payroll data and monetary disbursements. Position also partners within Employee Shared Services, HR and our customers to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. Supervises professional and support staff personnel. Reports to the Director Total Rewards.
· Establishes and oversees the framework of Employee Shared Services support to management and employees of the University.
· Supervises, trains, develops, and evaluates all personnel assigned to Employee Shared Services.
· Supervises the evaluation, compilation, preparation, and computation of HR and payroll data such as employee data and salary changes, pension, insurance, taxes, etc., and reviews and approves payroll deductions. Makes gross pay adjustments and entries to balance payroll.
· Develops, recommends, and implements employee data and payroll accounting disbursement systems, methods, and procedures in accordance with internal policies, plan documents and external regulatory requirements; responsible for managing such systems and methods.
· Establishes and monitors internal controls to assure compliance. Assists in audit preparation and review. Oversees issuance of annual tax forms (W2s, 1042s, 1095s, etc.) and other regulatory reporting.
- Manages projects/process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains HRMS system tables. Documents process and results. Where necessary, provides back-up support.
· Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains on new processes/functionality. Trains new general system users.
· Develops, prepares, and disseminates HR and disbursement detail, summary and analytic reports for information and decision-making.
Skill / Requirements
Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, human resources or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of practices and procedures used in payroll administration. Comprehensive knowledge of IRS and state tax codes, labor guidelines, federal regulations, and internal control.
· Strong analytical abilities and demonstrated higher level experience working with HR/Payroll systems, Microsoft programs, report writing, and other software programs. Advanced Excel skills preferred such as developing pivot tables and reporting, vlookup, index + match, etc. Experience in ADP strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
· Ability to articulate a clear vision that is consistent with institutional values
· Prior project management experience and demonstrated success working in a team environment. Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement; successful development of empowered staff.
· Ability to collaborate and consult with a broad range of individuals and to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the University community.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to articulate a clear vision that is consistent with University and Office of Human Resources strategic mission and vision.
· Demonstrates high ethical standards and maintenance of confidentiality.
· Professional designations in an area of Human Resources or Payroll strongly preferred.
Apply on Webster University job board at http://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/4031