Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior HR Business Partner
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Provide HR leadership for the Bank Operations, CIO Group, and Legal organizations by aligning with client group leadership to facilitate business and HR strategy execution. Ensure the delivery and alignment of HR products and services to support achievement of business objectives.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Establish partnership with client group leaders by leveraging knowledge of the business and its culture, talent requirements, and existing talent to deliver impactful HR solutions. Provide expertise with respect to people management including recruiting and retention and performance/talent management to ensure maximum organizational stability and growth as it relates to achievement of goals.
- Consult with client group leaders to ensure that corporate and business unit human resources strategy is effectively implemented.
- Provide HR perspective and solutions to business challenges. Communicate a point of view that reflects the HR implications of business decisions. Identify problems that affect business strategy and predicts potential obstacles to success.
- Collaborate with HR peers and HR Centers of Expertise to identify and share client group business needs. Communicate, develop, and/or facilitate the delivery of HR programs.
- Lead and facilitate change and culture initiatives and foster client ownership of the process.
- Assist client groups in the design and review of total compensation and rewards and recognition programs to ensure alignment with business goals and corporate compensation strategy.
- Provide employee relations coaching and counsel to ensure consistency of policy and practice thus reducing the corporation's risk and to preserve the health of the employer/employee relationship.
- Apply an understanding of employment law, regulations, policies and practices to protect the interests of both the organization and individual employees.
Education, experience and skills:
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
* 8--10 years of progressive experience in an HR environment. Preferred candidates will have demonstrated experience partnering with business and HR leaders in a banking/financial services organization, leading change and enhancing culture in a regulated environment.
* Deep knowledge of at least 2-3 core HR functions, and experience working with clients as an internal consultant.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, leadership, change management, planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, matrixed business model.