Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources/Payroll Assistant
at WastePro USA
Job Reference #: 5000513685506
Waste Pro of Mississippi Inc.
605 Jackson-Methodist Farm Rd-DOGV
605 Jackson-Methodist Farm Rd-DOGV
- Monitor and assists HR Manager and hiring manager with hiring processes and issues.
- Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification.
- Maintain electronic personnel files and enter them into HRIS. Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., I-9). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Verify manager and employee information entered to time system, make necessary corrections and communicate changes to corporate payroll. Responsible for light duty pay, commissions and retro pay calculations.
- Processes salary changes due to merit increases, promotions, or range adjustments. Ensures that all necessary documents have been received, information accurately entered into the computer database, and forwarded to payroll. Maintains Human Resources database, and provides reports to managers as needed.
- Answers routine benefits questions for managers and employees, and assists with problem solving. Assists with communication of annual benefit open enrollment process. Answers questions and facilitates a smooth enrollment.
- Ensures that all necessary forms and documentation are completed/submitted for any workers compensation claims, or short term or long term disability claims. Ensures that all parties are kept informed, and that proper follow up is conducted.
- Coordinates new employee orientation attendance, ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed and returned. Provides employees leaving the company with pertinent and accurate information, notifying necessary health/insurance providers.
- Assists Regional HR Manager with EEOC/DOL investigations. Ensures active files are in order and maintained in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Works with the Human Resources Team and Human Resources Manager to assist with the planning, communicating, and tracking of company-wide special events throughout
- Ability to work efficiently in HRMS and Recruiting Management systems.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources preferred in Business Administration, Communication or related field
- 2 years Human Resources/Payroll
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage simple to complex situations requiring a well-developed sense of organizational prioritization.
- Ability to think analytically and resourcefully draw accurate conclusions.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Basic knowledge of payroll principles, practices, and law.
- Ability to promote and foster diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to use an array of software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to adapt to change and operate rationally under dynamic pressure situations
- Ability to function as team member and effectively build relationships with management, peers, staff and clients.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities with effective distribution of time and effort.
- High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization.
- Experience using ADP Vantage and Kronos for payroll preferred.