Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS - Eden Prairie Office
Come make a difference! Volunteers of America is one the nation's largest and most comprehensive human services organizations. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups, including at-risk youth, the frail elderly, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, people with disabilities, and those recovering from addictions. We are one of the nation's largest nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households and persons with special needs.
The Payroll Manager will oversee the processing of payroll and reconciliation of taxes for the approximately forty (40) entities that comprise the Volunteers of America, Inc. and Volunteers of America National Services and Subsidiaries' payrolls; and to support the facility payroll administrators.
- Processing of Volunteers of America, Inc. and Executive Director payrolls.
- Manage the processing of Volunteers of America National Services and subsidiaries payrolls, which includes approximately forty (40) companies and represents 3,000-3,500 employees.
- Manage and coordinate responses to and solutions for support requests sent to UltiPro Help, which is an email support line for the facility payroll staff.
- Troubleshoot and solve payroll and time clock system problems in a timely manner.
- Work directly with the support staff from Ultimate Software to coordinate and test all updates to the payroll software.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reconciliations, edits and audits.
- Complete year-end process.
- Ensure proper reporting and compliance with current governmental regulations.
- Apply for tax identification numbers at the state and local levels for all corporations.
- Direct the activities of support staff.
- Prepare statistical reports on employee pay, bonuses, vacation, sick time, disability and workers compensation leave, and taxes/withholdings, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of Benefits & HRIS and assist with managing various projects, including but not limited to new company setup, system integrations or conversions, etc.
- Provide information for new tax entities and other payroll actions to ADP and ensure that they are tested and accurately managed.
- Complete quarterly multi-work site unemployment reports.
- Work with ADP to resolve any outstanding tax or unemployment issues.
- Other duties as requested by the Healthcare Controller or requested by other management staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Certified Payroll Professional.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of managerial experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of professional level payroll experience.
- Ability to respond to highly variable problem situations.
- Ability to develop new or novel approaches that may or may not rely on past precedents.
- Must have multi-site payroll experience.
- Administrative self-sufficiency required.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational lines as well as with vendor partners.
- Team player attitude absolutely essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience with Ultimate Software is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours.