Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at Volunteers of America
Valley Manor Care Center in Montrose, CO is looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner that is passionate about helping the employees and the residents that we serve!
This fast paced position is responsible for providing efficient administration of Human Resources, resulting in policy and legal compliance and ultimately the delivery of exceptional internal customer service. The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. With consultation from the Executive Director and the Director of Human Resources - Healthcare & Housing, the Human Resources Manager provides oversight for compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and manages the maintenance of the employee personnel files and ensure compliance with State mandated regulations; enroll new employees in benefits plans and provide benefits orientation; coordinate with staffing and payroll to ensure accurate paychecks and benefit deductions; notifies Corporate Human Resources of separations to initiate benefits continuation materials correspondence; process status changes. Complete monthly audits of personnel file compliance, including FMLA, personal leave, performance evaluations, I-9's and background checks. Update HRIS to ensure tracking is in place.
- Maintain data files and documentation of Human Resources materials including: policies and procedures, standard manuals, employee handbooks, job descriptions, new employee packages, benefit plan documents, affirmative action plans and automated training files. Distribute as directed.
- Respond to employee benefits questions; communicate with vendors and maintain documentation of issues and resolution; refer issues to corporate office as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of Human Resource supplies.
- File and organize various Human Resources materials and documentation.
- Coordinate the annual election benefits process.
- In collaboration with the Regional Human Resources Manager, conduct wage and benefit surveys.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Communicate policies, new processes and programs as directed by the Executive Director and/or Regional HR Manager.
- Work with each Department Manager on recruiting; assist with the process of posting opening internally and placement of ads, job fairs and other recruiting resources; ensure all Department Managers are equipped with interview questions that focus on the essential functions of the position. Conduct interviews as necessary.
- Oversee the staffing function; coordinate with staffing personnel and department managers in the hiring process.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, create action plan based on the Annual Employee Satisfaction Survey.
- Assist Department Supervisor with employee relations issues, including verbal and written warnings. Assess department structures and make recommendations;
- Oversee the Workers' Compensation practices. Ensure that all injuries are reported in a timely fashion and that each claim is thoroughly investigated by the Supervisor and all information is entered into the HRIS. Work with the injured employee, the Supervisor and Workers' Comp. representative to ensure there is no lost time, if possible, and create a work hardening program. Complete and submit weekly Workers' Compensation Report.
- Facilitate training and development programs for Department Managers. Ensure that every six (6) months Sexual Harassment training is conducted at facility.
- Ensure that the Affirmative Action Plan is implemented and systems are in place to track all applicants, interviews and hires. All annual compliance reports are completed on time.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Regional HR Manager.
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources and administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to a deadline.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; consumer focused.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High degree of professionalism; able to deal with extremely confidential information.
- Works well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to prepare written correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but basic written or oral instructions.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.